Monday, November 2, 2009

Another Promo Fare

Yes. I took advantage of another promo fare of Cebu Pacific. The last time I was lucky enough to book one (or two) was March of this year when I decided to go to Baguio (Note: No direct flight to Baguio City, we took the bus from Manila). Back then it cost me 400 plus and of course, we braced ourselves for the usual delays. Wait, let me change that, DELAYS! I needed to type it in bold as this is what Cebu Pacific is also known for. However, I am not complaining. In fact, I am quite thankful that this budget airline is making the regular 'Juans' happy.

Just recently, I was able to purchase a roundtrip flight from Cebu-Hongkong for only Php1034.00! Yes, the piso fare is not entirely a piso fare but it sure beats paying for a plane ticket (same route) for Php10,000 at other airline companies. And yes, I might need to brace myself for the unavoidable, specifically, delays or lost luggage but that is alright. I have 7 months to prepare myself since I chose a flight on June, 2010.

I just have this one observation to note though. When I purchased my tickets last Saturday, there were still open slots for the piso fare but minutes after, all slots were gone. The Cebu Pacific ad said 100,000. Question: are all the other 'Juans' of this country really as anxious to get a vacation as I am or is there really some truth to the 100,000 seats marketing ploy? I'm just wondering, I never thought that the slots will run out that fast, as I am talking about minutes here and not hours after.

I am happy to have been able to purchase the ticket. Now, I can take my vacation next year. Hahahahaha. Talk about prolonging agony - do I sense a masochistic urge by doing this? I like to say no but I am not entirely convinced.

Oh well, that is all for today. Ciao for now.

3 comments:

  1. den nagtxt akong sis ganina..ana lagi xa katong gma nabook last time kay cancelled kay sira daw ilang site.. i dont know how true.. please check daw..

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine was confirmed man...for june pa ni akong flight...the cancellation na akong nakitan was due to bagyo issues pero pwede man nimu-rebook for free sa cebu pac...

    ReplyDelete
  3. need to confirm it kay bokling pa den.. gitxt ra man pud gud xa sa iyang friend. iya lang pud giforwad sa ako.. maayo pa ka nakakuha..hehe

    ReplyDelete