Sunday, November 22, 2009

Finally

I am FINALLY reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez's 'Love in the Time of Cholera'. I FINALLY bought my own copy. I FINALLY ended my silly hope of finding its first edition in book sales (I did not want the Color Purple incident to happen again and this was why I prolonged my agony in buying my own copy. For those who did not know the Color Purple incident, here is a little light to your dark tunnel. I bought my own copy of Alice Walker's 'The Color Purple' years back but while browsing through the treasures at a book store that sold second-hand books, I discovered a FIRST EDITION copy of the same book, original cover in paper back. Imagine my frustration. I decided to keep the copy that I originaly had, which cost me more, and sincerely hoped that the one I found at the bookstore will fall into good hands. Sigh.) Anyway, I put an end to my misery by walking into Powerbooks and grabbing my own copy of Gabriel Garcia Marquez's book and paid Php245.00 with closed eyes. I know, I can be quite a cheapskate sometimes. Well, I will go back to reading the book now. Mwah!

2 comments:

  1. Ngek! Nag ingon pa ka, ako ra unta gihatag nimo akong copy sa Cholera.

    Pa-borrow sa Color Purple please. For some reason wala koi makitan copy sa Color Purple maski asa na bookshop. Or basi hanap2 na jud ako panan-aw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shet...wa ko kabalo na naa ka copy...tsk tsk tsk...would have settled for a second hand copy...the color purple kay naa sa CDO oi...

    ReplyDelete