Saturday, October 31, 2009

It Never Occurred To Me

While out with friends last night, I, again, recently discovered (look's like this is a week of discoveries) that I have not memorized a single song. I can sing along now and then with the others, I can hum the tune, I can belt out in karaoke bars but I cannot sing alone in front of an audience as I have not a memorized a single song (not even the songs in musical shows which I claimed I love so much!) In short, I cannot survive without the lyrics right in front of me. Trust me, try as I may, I can't think of a song last night and it only made me frown. I even confused/interchanged some of the words of our beloved Lupang Hinirang (yes, I know, shame on me...)

So, today, I added an entry to my 'to do' list...memorize a song that I like by the end of the week. Hahahaha.

2 comments:

  1. That's one of the things you need to learn Den. Come to think of it, it doesn't really matter when people area already half-drunk. Just sing and the whole world sings with you, at least in the world of booze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so now you know the reason why i declined and let someone else take the limelight...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete