Thursday, November 5, 2009

An "L" On My Forehead

Oh okay, I will admit it. I sometimes (take note, sometimes) love being the center of attraction or a topic of a particular gossip but I will also admit, that I hate it just as much.

Yes, I know. There I go again --- strengthening my advocacy for contradictions. I just can't help it. Today, was 'Loser' day. I typed my name in Google and guess how many results I got? 3! First was a link that will automatically direct readers to the blog I am maintaining (which is this one), second was with Flickr and the last was with Facebook. That was it. Nothing more. No articles. No videos. And you can probably call this moment, a moment of wallowing in self-pity. I am technically insignificant. And the realization made me feel small and worthless.

I asked myself these questions:

Have I really wasted years by doing nothing with my life or with the gifts that I have been given? Answer - YES. Proof: undermined capabilities by simply working as an Outsourcing Evaluator who can do better and stopped performing for practicality sake.

Am I really that unimportant? Answer - YES. Proof: typed name in a search engine and found nothing or reflected on events and current activities and discovered nothing significant.

Did I ever make a positive contribution in somebody's life? Answer - UNDECIDED. I will have to ask people and maybe, just maybe, I'll be lucky and get an honest answer.

So how do I fix this? Simple - start making a difference. And start now!

2 comments: