Sunday, October 4, 2009

After 'Surrogates'

When I was first introduced to the trailer of the movie Surrogates, I immediately marked my calendar and anxiously waited. When it was finally shown, I had but a few apprehensions. Second-hand apprehensions (specifically) as the movie was not appreciated by the supposed critics as per a co-worker and a friend. They even added that I should just watch it at home rather than waste money in the theater. Anyway, I decided to take my chances and watch it in the big screen since that was originally my plan. Then, I will decide.

The final say...it was interesting and entertaining. And I will recommend people to watch it. I don't know where since it really does not matter, just as long as you watch it. Okay, it was a little boring in the beginning and the narrative lacked something that I cannot seem to point my fingers to, but surely, we found the possibility of ideally living our lives while jacked up at home enticing enough to say that the movie was not that bad. Further, it was quite smart, in fact, the smartest sci-fi movie for quite some time now. Lastly, the effects and the robot-stuff were quite acceptable.

Overall, I will give it 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment