Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Letter To A Friend

Dearest Ate Lan,

I am sorry. I know that this letter is 2 years late but I will write it anyway. The mere fact that I am writing this in my blog only proves how much a coward I am and I will not deny it. I am afraid that if I send this letter directly to you, you will just delete it automatically in your inbox after knowing that it came from me which explains why it is here now.

I am sorry for bailing out on you when you needed me the most. I am not sure if I was really (that) needed at that time, but I knew that you needed me to some extent to stand by your side for assistance. I failed you that afternoon when I walked away from the school to stop teaching your class just for the silly reason of believing that I cannot manage the students on my own. I am sorry that before you left for Japan, I never attempted to contact you and I did not try harder to patch things up between us. I am sorry that I never made the first move. And I am sorry that I waited this long to write this letter. I hope that I will not wait 2 years more before I actually send this letter to you.

Robin has been urging me to be the bigger person by swallowing my pride and taking the first step. Sadly, I failed in that too. For months, I have been concocting all types of ways on how I should write my letter but I never got to actually write them down. And when I received your invitation in Facebook today, it gave me a little courage to finally put these thoughts down in print. You see, Robin thought that I will come out as the bigger person but I was not (really). I never was, when it was between you and me. You were always the bigger person and you always took a step back so I can shine. You always accommodated my tantrums and mood and never ending shifts. You never judged my decisions and stood by my side, whether I was wrong or right, to reprimand me later when no one else was looking. You encouraged me to share my talents and believed in my capabilities.

I am truly sorry.

On the lighter side, how are you? Haha. What a way to end a letter. I miss you, Ate Lan.

Your Friend and Little Sister Always,
Den

No comments:

Post a Comment