Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Must Read

And Kat said during our rehearsal for the He-Me-She-It in the Virgin Labfest show, "Oi basahin niyo toh---favorite ko toh. It will be a good read and you can finish it in 5 minutes!" Back then, I honestly didn't know who the author was and (I daresay now) didn't take Kat seriously after she quoted 5 minutes. Who can finish the book in 5 minutes? Just staring at it (At that time I still have not opened the bok yet)made me dizzy since we were already given multiple scripts to memorize and I didn't think that I can load more thoughts in my already cramped brain. But because, she insisted and all other scholars in the theater seemed to know what the book was already (secret: out of fear of being left out), I decided to have a whack at it and to my surprise, Kat was right. It was a good read. And I am proud to say that I now have my own copy which I was able to buy for 120 pesos at the Book Sale Shop. FYI, Kat bought hers for 600+ pesos. Good read, great buy. Thank you, Kat.


After reading "The Missing Piece", you should proceed to reading its sequel. I still do not have a copy but I am constantly hoping that I will get lucky (again!) like the first time. I have made it a habit to always drop by all Book Sale Shops or second hand stores to check if I can get my hands on the sequel. Unfortunately, I have not been too lucky. The brand new book costs around 600+ pesos...so sue me if I am such a cheapskate.

2 comments:

  1. You can try ebay.ph. Basi naai kanahan nga nagbaligya ana nga libro at a cheap price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tried pero wa may within the phil na mugawas didto oi...mas mahal pa nuon akong bayaran...

    ReplyDelete