Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good Morning, Den

9:30 AM. I woke up staring at the ceiling again. Stared at it for (a good) 30 minutes or more so.I watched those silly ants make endless trails from where ever they were from to where ever they intend to go, avoiding cracks which will only disrupt them. I thought, at least - silly as they are - they know where they are going.

I shut my eyes again to try to get 15 needless minutes of sleep. Failed. Instead, I just shoved my dog-eared blanket aside and tried to sit up so I can start getting ready for work. Stood up, scratched my ass (not because it needed scratching but because I thought that’s what normal losers do in the morning). Walked to and from the sink and my tiny closet whilst brushing my teeth. Lately, I seem to be having difficulty deciding, even in the smallest tasks, such as, what to wear, what to eat, when to leave…all the way to the endless question: WHAT DO I WANT?

Rummaged through my messy closet, finally decided to wear something safe and plain before taking a shower. 45 minutes passed before I emerged from the bathroom and I felt as wet and dead as my supposedly new-rebonded hair.

By then, it was 11:00AM. I dragged myself to where I threw my clothes for the day. Carelessly put them on and powdered my face. I have practically wasted my time (worthlessly) preparing for another day in the office.

11:30 AM. I grabbed my bag and put on my shoes. Smiled.

Another day, another war to wage. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment