Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Official Mark

While at work today, I was informed that my boss was having a garage sale and usually I never paid much attention to these kinds of news but when Cindy, a co-worker, mentioned that my boss, who was retiring for good, was selling his eames chair and ottoman at a reasonable price. I just could not let the opportunity pass. So today, I sacrificed not seeing her so I can check out the said chair. I can hardly contain my excitement after work when a group of us from work rode all the way to the outskirts of town, all the way to our boss’ house. Well, we cannot really blame ourselves now since our boss, other than being known as a mean son of a bitch in the office was also known to be a man of good taste when it comes to all the fine things in life. When we got there, the place was already packed with other cheapskates and I hastily looked for our boss to haggle a price for the object that I have been eyeing without even checking it out first. He was shocked at first and was quite interested in knowing what my reasons were for buying his supposed-favorite chair without even bothering to check it first. I was quick to say that I always knew he was the type of man who took good care of his things and added that I presumed that the said chair was in mint condition knowing that he was the previous owner. He laughed heartily over the comment while I almost gagged. Anyway, now that I was able to convince him, he showed me the way to the his goods and settled on a price that was not exactly what I quoted but was good enough since his chair looked exactly like my her’s. I can barely remember my boss droning about the chair being made of Brazilian rosewood, original wood panels and etc. All I cared about was taking the chair back home so I can sit on it while I watched her from my window. This is it! I am officially signing the paper and admitting that I am a stalker by buying a similar chair that the object of my affection is using. And since we are on the topic, I might as well admit that I, too, (maybe) am a psycho.

No comments:

Post a Comment