Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Message To A Friend

I watched you fall into pieces days ago. Of course, you will not admit it and of course, you will say that I am exaggerating everything but then who are you (or anyone else) to say that my perspective of 'falling into pieces' is wrong? I say 'falling into pieces' is also exhibited by being as normal as how you make yourself appear to be. Watching you (and your recent antics) made me think about how I handled my supposed-love endeavors in the past. It was almost (not exactly) like looking at myself in the mirror. During such times, no matter how we put it or what we try to do, the situation we are in just gets uglier by the minute and there is nothing else that anyone can do. It really is up to us. No one can change our minds, nothing can convince us and sometimes we just have to let ourselves drown until sanity forces us to grasp for air. At our own pace, at our own time.

Just a little advice though, try not to lose your friends along the way (this often happens when our insistence for something that no longer exists becomes too suffocating). Lovers are like pebbles in your shoe, friends however, friends are like nifty, little socks that keep your feet from getting blisters.

Why am I saying this? Simple, I want you to learn from my example. If I was in-charge of the threads of fate, I would not want my friends to go through the same sad experience that I have been through. It is not something that you can honestly label as an event in your life that you can be proud of, when you look back one day.

4 comments:

  1. Friends stink sometimes, just like socks.

    Remember how you warned me before? We had lunch at Shakey's and we waited for my ex but he never did show up. You told me to be careful but I still acted stupidly months after that.

    Maybe our friend needs to be stupid just for her to learn. Maybe some people are built that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but if she can skip that learning step, why not??? God knows that we have gone thru it before, can't our friend learn from our experience so she doesn't have to lose her pride like the way we did...

    kay kung naa lang kot nakat-unan unta sauna then maybe i could say to myself na ako ang nidaog atong akong mga kabuang sa gugma sauna...unsaun ta man kay nagtinanga man sad ko...so mas maayo na wa nay magdungag dungag sa statistics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be like skipping high school just to get to college.

    The goal is for her to wallow on her own abyss of misery just so she can appreciate the advices coming from you hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. true, hmmm...you really make sense sometimes pring...bwahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete