Thursday, March 3, 2011

Prayer

Just a few days ago, I prayed for a civil separation. For two people, who I thought dearly cared for each other, to part ways without anger nor pain. To part like how friends say goodbye to each other, with a promise to keep in touch. But the lies and the sudden news ruined everything; hence the prayer was never granted.

Now, while conversing with God, I thought of the good things so that the anger would go away. I remembered how it was when it started, the first touch, the first kiss, the first embrace, the funny feeling in the pit of your stomach, the laughter shared, the text messages, the urgent phone calls, the plans...yes, the plans...now the good thoughts are mutating into monsters. I remember the plans, the plans which were not created by one person only. Plans that never came to be. I remember the lies, the empty promises, the unaccounted hours, the blank face when he thinks of her, and the silence. The silence that went on a long stretch all the way to forever.

Help me, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment