Wednesday, February 3, 2010

All About Change

Someone asked me - "Den, how can we reconcile the facts that you hate government agencies and that (now) you plan to get into one?" Further adding an uncalled for snide that I am a walking contradiction.

My answer is simple. I WANT TO MAKE A CHANGE. How else will I be able to change the system if I am outside of it in the first place? I can't change the rules of the game if I am sitting in the sideline and playing the role of a spectator. I have to be in the game. Play by their rules now then change them later.

When this 'change' happens, I want this certain someone's head in a platter!

4 comments:

  1. enlighten me about this please. i'm quite confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe she's running for presidency. :) but seriously, i don't think running for public office is a good way to make a change. what good is the legislative and executive if the laws are not followed? if we have a culture of impunity? i guess we can start the change from the very basics: education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. unsa naman ka? mudagan na ka for kagawad??? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ all you 3 fwends of mine: first reaction, bwahahahahaha!

    second reaction: hell NO, I am not running for public office. I am simply eyeing a position in a public sector with the hope of making a little contribution towards 'change' instead of just complaining in the sideline.

    third reaction: yes, I agree that education is the key which is why I am focusing my grad school thesis on this and effective administration policies (more emphasis in public schools)...with this in mind, I'll leave it to you to guess which government agency I am anxious to be part of...it should be obvious already.

    ReplyDelete