Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stripped From A 6 Year-Old Thought

And Den, 21 years old, wrote:

A quote from a movie: "When you dim your light so someone else's could shine, the whole world grows darker..."

A rather dark note to carry in your head but this may be true in my part. For a person with so much to offer to the world, it is a shame when her gifts are wasted just to give way for someone or for something. For many years, I have been doing this. Sometimes by knowing and sometimes caught unaware. I wonder now, what could I have been if I decided not to think of my family. Or how my friends would react. Or what I would feel. Or what people would do. I wonder. I ponder on so many things that I forgot to step out there and share the gifts that I have been blessed with. For those of you who knew me and somehow became avide readers of "me", you know what I meant by this. Right now, I want to stand there on that stage that I love so much and dance. Dance like I was Salome again, ready to ask for John's head. And sing, beause I know I can. Be the performing artist that I always dreamed to be. A star.

...

Just a passing thought.

2 comments:

  1. So what's happening to your light?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me hopes it isn't that late yet.

    ReplyDelete